To ensure a good printing quality, please pay attention to the following topics.
Please only send us the necessary printable data.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By data carrier: CD, DVD, USB-Stick
By FTP: upon arrangement by telephone, we can provide you with access
PDF files can be processed quickly and mostly without errors if the following ground rules are observed:
- PDF files are created using Acrobat Distiller.
- Please use PDF x4 settings.
- Fonts must be completely embedded.
- We cannot edit PDF files.
- Fonts, graphics and images do not need to be provided.
We can deliver modified Joboptions for your Distiller and InDesign to help you.
Programmes used for Mac OS X
- Quark XPress 7.5
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adobe InDesign CS6
- Adobe Acrobat 11.0
PC WINDOWS operating system:
For PC files, please consult us beforehand.
- lease attach images, graphics and logos etc. used in the formats described.
- Attach fonts used.
- EPS files cannot generally be edited. Please also provide the open files for any corrections.
- RGB files cannot be printed.
- Please only use colour profiles for your image files on consultation.
- Please always establish and provide print files, from which we must create layouts or imposition schemes, as single pages/layouts.
Images, graphics and logos
- Images (photos) as *.Tif or *.EPS in CMYK mode or greyscale or with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI
- Only store image files with colour profiles upon consultation with us.
- We can convert RGB into CMYK mode. This usually results in slight shade modifications.
- Line drawings (Bitmap) should have a resolution of 1200 DPI.
- Vector graphics and logos as *.EPS in CMYK mode or greyscale.
- Convert fonts used in EPS graphics to curves.
- Inserted images must also be provided.
- Avoid combining several EPS files into one.
- Black elements must generally be set to “overprint”.
Grundsätzlich können alle Schriftarten verwendet werden (Postscript, TrueType, Opentype, Systemschriften).
- Please attach all fonts.
- Do not set text by “font style” electronically to “bold” or “italic”, but establish with the corresponding font.
- Convert fonts to EPS files or curves.
Plots and lines:
In principle, all font types can be used (Postscript, TrueType, Opentype, system fonts).
Please note that for 4-colour products, all the colours are converted to CMYK colour mode except if special colours are to be printed as additional colours.
- Please provide us with the desired special colours.
- Please note the standardised designations of colours when establishing special colours.
- Delete all unused colours from the colour menu of your print files.
Bleed, register marks, etc.
- The page size of the document must correspond to the net end format of the print product.
- Crop and register marks must never be manually set to a larger format.
- Please set all elements that end on the format edge with a bleed of 2 mm (end format + 2mm).